BETWEEN CLASSIC ROCK amp; A HARD PLACE
Between Classic Rock amp; A Hard Place has 10 dynamic and image provoking songs on it. This CD being the first released by this band of seasoned musicians shows they were paying attention after all and they put that good ole southern country drive into all 10 tracks.
- “A Country Song Gone Bad” is reminiscent of a rocking Country song; it is also filled with tongue in cheek humor and pokes fun at the typical tear in your beer type of country song.
- “Cry Out Loud” shows that there are actually men in this world that have feelings and a broken heart when his women leave and doesn’t return and he realizes she may never. You can feel the sorrow of the soul in this song.
- “Coming Like A Train” comes out hard and steady and has some great bass and guitar work in it while the song tells the story of a love ending which is probably a good thing for both of them.
- “Until I’m Gone” once again reminds us that some men are drifters and will never change and;
- “Purple Heart” gives us a dose of reality but also try’s to teach us to have some pride in our Vietnam Vets. The guitar work on this song is great.
- “Thinking About You” is a sweet song that turns and twists until you realize that Thinking about her is a waste of time. You will love the melody of this song. It is really quite catchy.
- Out With A Smile” is a play on words all the way through and is just a good ole boys just want to have fun with their good ole boys song.
- “Not Now” gives us a taste of the tug of war that rising stars face being pulled between family, friends, career and fame. This song has some hot drive a great feel.
- “Words and Music” is a love song that is sweet as pie and reminiscent of the late 1950’s style music.
- “Mr. Whiskey” is the typical southern rock ” I got a drinking problem song’ but is surprising pleasant to get to know and when you do you will listen to it over and over again.
In fact this whole Album is very enjoyable and a great LISTEN for the debut album of this band out of the suburbs of Atlanta, GA called RANSOM!!